At an APS public meeting last week in Perth, Lyn Littlefield, referred to Reform APS as a group of people, who “lie in the shadows” … are “not really visible” … “won’t list their names so I don’t know who they are”.
This is another example of the Executive Director’s misinformation habit, to say nothing of the apparent disdain with which the national executive views members of their society who express divergent views.
Unfortunately those who became ‘visible’ were met with threats and ultimatums from the APS. That explains why RAPS has had a bit of an underground quality. Many RAPS supporters have been reluctant to go through this experience.
It’s sad that we have to be fearful of retribution from those who are supposed to represent our best interests and protect us. But it doesn’t have to stay this way.
Our guiding perspective is that one day we will be able to rise above what divides us now and sit together to discuss a possibility of resolving our different views in an atmosphere of respect for each other.
Now, however, some APS members are willing to stand up and be counted. Here are some of the people who publicly support us.
If you are ready to add your name to this list please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenny Corran, Counselling Psychologist
- Dr Sophie Bibrowska, Registered Psychologist
- Clive Jones, Asst. Professor – Bond University Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine (NSW)
- Dianna Kenny, Professor of Psychology, The University of Sydney (NSW)
- Ted Milliken, FAPS, Darwin (NT)
- Stephen Andrew, Senior Lecturer at Cairnmillar Institute School of Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Marilyn Brideson, Registered Psychologist
- Josephine Combe, Registered Psychologist (QLD)
- Joseph Gagliano, Counselling Psychologist
- Don Burnard, President of ACPCPP
- Wendy Northey, Retired Psychologist
- Gregory Goodluck, Registered Psychologist (NT)
- Bruce Jenkins, Registered Psychologist, MAPS (for now)
- Dr Geoff Denham, Counselling Psychologist, Adjunct Senior Lecturer La Trobe University
Effie Ioannou, Registered Psychologist
- Liz Pincott, Registered Psychologist, (non-member)
- Harold A. Bilboe, JP, Registered Psychologist (ACT)
- Mr Peter John Dunn, Counselling Psychologist
Yelena Udy, Counselling Psychologist, (NSW)
- Marie Alexandra Weiss, Counselling Psychologist
- Henry Briffa, Counselling psychologist, APS membership now defunct
- Sarah Calleja, Counselling Psychologist
- Bernadette Quin Registered Registered Psychologist
- Dr Kevin Quin, Registered Psychologist
- Yael Clark, Educational and Developmental Psychologist
Fiona Lacy, Counselling Psychologist, Melbourne
Camille Folley, Psychologist, Director of Williamstown Psychology, Melbourne
- Athena Phythian, Registered Psychologist
- Dr Astrid Birgden, Forensic Psychologist
- Raul Foglia, Counselling and Forensic Psychologist
- Dr Jenny Ricketts, Counselling Psychologist
- Karen Donnelly, Registered Psychologist
- Gabriel Rusu, Registered Psychologist
Terry Oleson, PhD., MAPS (17 years)
- Dr Lisa Ciechomski, Registered Psychologist
- Gary Childs, Registered Psychologist, (S.A.)
- Astrid Birgden, Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
- Carolyn Storti, Counselling Psychologist
- Charley Strickland, Registered Psychologist, (W.A.)
- Dr John Gurr, Academic, S.A.
- Graham M Killoran, Org Psychologist (QLD) SA